Health Information Manager - Centre Avenue Health and RehabColumbine Health Systems
The Health Information Manager oversees health information systems in the Electronic Health Record (EHR) to ensure that medical, legal and ethical standards are met. As the Health Information Management professional, you're the expert on patient data that physicians, nurses and other healthcare providers rely on to perform their jobs. Your meticulous work is an important contribution to your team's delivery of high quality care.
The position resides with Centre Avenue Health and Rehab., a five star skilled nursing and rehab facility in Fort Collins, CO.
- Full Time
- Monday - Friday
- 8:30 am - 5:00 pm
3 opportunities for raises your first year
- Assigns ICD-10 codes according to ICD-CM Official Guidelines. Sequences ICD-10 codes for billing in the electronic health record.
- Audits and monitors daily census, pay source and room changes in the electronic health record.
- Fulfills information requests from physicians, NPs and other staff members.
- Works collaboratively with billing and clinical staff to respond to ADR/insurance audit requests.
- Serves as the Privacy Officer of the facility.
- Develops in-service educational materials and conducts instructional programs for facility staff on privacy and security of healthcare information, as needed.
- Must have a high school diploma, prefer associates or bachelor degree.
- Working knowledge of medical terminology, familiarity with electronic health records, and at least one year of experience in health information management/medical records.
- Must have experience in ICD-10 coding, or the ability and desire to learn ICD-10 coding for the LTC/Rehab setting.
- Knowledge and understanding of regulations, payment systems, and professional standards of practice for health information in long term care.
- Familiarity with Windows, Internet Explorer, Chrome and Microsoft Office programs for the PC. Prefer some supervisory experience.
- RHIT, RHIA or ICD-10 coding certificate a plus.
Hiring Manager: Joy Winner
Applications will not be reviewed until after July 22nd.