Kindergarten Assistant Teacher
Dawson, a K-12 independent school of 530 students located east of Boulder on a beautiful 112-acre campus, seeks an exceptional Kindergarten Assistant Teacher for the 2021-22 school year. Dawson is a growing and passionate educational community dedicated to the healthy development and education of all of its students. We are committed to excellence of mind, body, and character and to the support of students’ efforts to reach their individual potential, meet the challenges of the world, and savor life.
- Bachelor’s Degree
- K-5 classroom teaching experience
- Experience with the Responsive Classroom framework is preferred
- Demonstrated classroom management skills
- Maintain strict confidentiality in all matters
- Demonstrate enthusiasm for work with all school constituencies
- Model school virtues of respect, compassion, courage, and integrity
- Communicate (orally and in writing) effectively with all school constituencies
- Attitude that exemplifies teamwork and personal responsibility
- Kind, joyful, and positive demeanor
- Willingness to grow and learn
- Support lead teacher
- Report to Director of K-5
- Actively participate in the extracurricular life of the School
- Participate in class trips, clubs, and Winterim
- Additional duties as deemed necessary by the School
The salary range for this position is $33,750 – 48,000. Compensation is commensurate with experience and relevant skills. Benefits include Medical, Dental, 401k, and generous time-off. Interested candidates should go to the Dawson website (www.dawsonschool.org), scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Employment link, click the link under Current Job Opportunities at Dawson, and select the Kindergarten Assistant Teacher posting to apply for this position. Only online applications will be accepted.
No phone calls please. Visit: www.dawsonschool.org.