Dawson, a K-12 independent school of 535 students located east of Boulder, seeks a full-time experienced general maintenance technician to assist with the overall upkeep and repair of our 112-acre campus. The campus includes numerous school buildings, residential housing, and our beautiful grounds.
Dawson School Mission Statement
Dawson School is dedicated to excellence of mind, body, and character. We prepare students through challenging and relevant learning, to become creative, resilient problem-solvers who bring their best to the world.
- High School diploma or GED required
- General maintenance experience (2+ yrs desired). Experience in a multi-building facility is helpful.
- Ability to lift 30-50 pounds frequently and up to 100 pounds occasionally
- Ability to handle difficult physical labor 8 hours a day
- Ability to work indoor and outdoor environment involving hot and cold weather
- Colorado Driver’s License with good driving record
- Ability to climb ladders, walk, kneel, and crouch for extended periods of time
- Basic computer skills
- Positive attitude and great work ethic
- General maintenance troubleshooting and repairs to include basic plumbing, electrical, HVAC, and carpentry
- Grounds work that includes mowing and landscaping abilities with flowers, plants, shrubs, and trees
- Snow removal
- Set up special events
- High quality work with minimal supervision
- Other duties and projects as time allows
This is an hourly, full-time position, Monday-Friday. The hourly range is $18-$25. Benefits include: medical, dental, life, 401(k) and time-off. Interested candidates should go to the Dawson website (www.dawsonschool.org), scroll to the bottom of the page and click on the Employment link, click the link under Current Job Opportunities at Dawson, and select the Maintenance Technician posting to apply for this position. Only online applications will be accepted. This position is available immediately.
No phone calls please. Visit: www.dawsonschool.org.