Accounts Payable and Invoicing ClerkIn-Situ, Inc.
Reports to: Controller
Location: Fort Collins, CO
In-Situ, Inc. is a global company with a modern manufacturing facility in Fort Collins, Colorado. The company focuses on specializing in the design, manufacture, and worldwide sale of scientific equipment for the environmental, aquaculture, and industrial water-monitoring markets. The Company is a leading global innovator of solutions for customers requiring water monitoring in a variety of different markets. The Company provides “best in class” groundwater and surface water level and water quality monitoring equipment along with data transmission and management software resulting in an exceptional customer experience.
Not only does In-Situ provide an attractive offering to our customers, the company also places a high value on engagement in our community, environmental projects, employee wellness and creating an open and fun work environment.
Accounts Payable portion of the position is responsible for completing payments and controls expenses by receiving, processing, verifying, and reconciling invoices. The Customer Invoicing / Billings Specialist portion of the responsibilities include undertaking a variety of financial and non-financial tasks in order to help guarantee the company’s revenues.
- Review all invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment
- Assist in implementation of AP automation software and the ongoing maintenance
- Date stamps incoming invoices
- Process 3-way matching (invoices, PO, Receipt)
- Prioritize invoices according to payment terms
- Process check requests
- Match invoices to checks, obtain all signatures for checks and distribute checks accordingly
- 1099 maintenance
- Respond to all vendor inquiries
- Reconcile vendor statements, research and correct discrepancies
- Issue invoices to customers
- Process credit memos
- Researches exceptions between the shipping log and invoice register
- Assist in month end closing
- Maintain files and documentation thoroughly and accurately, in accordance with company policy and accepted accounting practices
- Assist with other projects as needed
- Minimum of 2 years of General Accounting Experience – Non Negotiable
- High school diploma required, college courses in accounting preferred and considered a plus
- Must have strong work ethics
- Must be well organized and a self-starter
- Must be able to follow standard filing procedures
- Detail oriented, professional attitude, reliable
- Proficient in Excel and Word, 10-key by touch
- Possess strong organizational and time management skills
- Strong problem-solving skills, basic accounting principles knowledge, documentation skills, research and resolution skills, data analysis and multi-tasking skills
- Thorough knowledge of applicable accounts payable/general ledger systems and procedures, financial chart of accounts and corporate procedures
- Ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing
- Ability to interact with employees and vendors in a professional manner
- Ability to work independently and with a team in a fast-paced and high volume environment with emphasis on accuracy and timeliness
- Ability to perform mathematical computations such as percentages, fractions, addition, subtraction, multiplication and division quickly and accurately
In-Situ Inc. builds world-class environmental monitoring instruments ... and world-class careers!
- Excellent compensation package commensurate with experience plus paid holidays, paid vacation and sick days (FTO), medical, dental, chiropractic, life insurance, 401(k) plan, and portion of childcare.
- Please apply at https://in-situ.com/about/careers/ if above qualifications are met.
- Please, no phone calls about this job.
- Principals only. Recruiters, please do not contact this job poster.
- Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
All qualified applicants will be considered without regard to age over 40, color, disability, gender identity, genetic information, military or veteran status, pregnancy or having a condition relating to pregnancy, national origin, race, religion, sex, and sexual orientation.
In-Situ is an equal opportunity employer.