Assistant Director of Human ResourcesMorgan Community College
Assistant Director of Human Resources Full-Time position based in Ft. Morgan This position assists in the coordination of full scope day-to-day operations of the Human Resources Department serving all MCC locations. Coordinates employment searches including the pre-employment, processing background checks and the onboarding process. Researches and communicates policies/procedures, performs problem resolution and analyzes data. Assist with maintaining and analyzing staffing patterns and payroll encumbrances. Coordinates special events including annual employment recognition functions and celebrations for separating and retiring employees. Occasional long and irregular hours may be necessary and travel as appropriate for the position.
- Bachelor's Degree in human resources or a business related field from an accredited institution and one year of recent full-time equivalent experience in human resources, payroll, or a business field.
- Experience in recruitment, payroll, and/or data management of human resources systems.
- Experience interpreting and implementing policies and procedures.
- Working knowledge of FLSA, FMLA, and fundamentals of accounting.
- Proficiency in MS Office.
- Ability to learn other software as required by the position.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks and prioritize duties with attention to detail.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
- Excellent analytical and problem solving skills.
- Ability to build trust and work effectively with employees.
- Occasional long and irregular hours necessitated by special projects, compliance with deadlines, length of institutional day and week, and committee service.
- Occasional travel relevant to the position.
- Experience with the State of Colorado or higher education.
- Experience with payroll processing.
- Experience with benefit administration.
- Banner software experience.
- Experience processing and reviewing background checks.
- Knowledge of Title IX.