Job Grade: Ex06
FLSA Status: Exempt
Department Name: General Oper / Admin
Department Code: GENADM
Reports to: Controller
Performs financial activities of the organization by performing the following duties listed in Part II. Performs all Accounting duties for related companies (NMU/NAU).
Essential Duties and Responsibilities (The section is not intended to be an all-inclusive list and NGK Ceramics reserves the right to include other duties as assigned):
• Process month-end balancing and journal entries
• Complete the month-end process
• General ledger analysis of accounts
• Prepare monthly Standard Reporting Package
• Extend credit to customer and handle wire transfers
• Prepare sales tax returns for multiple states
• Process expense reports for employees
• Prepare monthly inventory reports for Inventory Management
III. Supervisory Responsibilities
Accountant II may have supervisory responsibilities.
IV. Required Competencies
• Customer Focus: Knows and anticipates relevant internal/external customer needs and acts accordingly; gives high priority to customer service; seeks to understand customer expectations; consistently demonstrates extra effort to ensure customer satisfaction.
• Development of Subordinates: Provides accurate and objective assessments of member/team knowledge, skills and abilities; effectively trains, counsels and coaches subordinates to improve performance; develops action plans, provides challenging assignments and opportunities to build and/or improve needed capabilities; works behind the scenes to enable, encourage and empower others to achieve and succeed.
• Integrity and Accountability: Acts with integrity; adheres to stated core values and beliefs; accepts responsibility for his/her actions and decisions; is trusted; seen as a direct, truthful individual; admits mistakes; doesn't misrepresent him/herself for personal gain.
• Respect and Humility: Approaches others with respect and humility; shows respect for other's feelings, attitudes, reasoning and opinion; recognizes the value of diversity; emphasizes team success above personal gain; responds well to constructive criticism.
• Teamwork: Recognizes and appreciates the use of the combined efforts of the group of members, working effectively and efficiently to achieve goals and objectives safely.
• Communication: Conveys information clearly in writing and speech; listens effectively and responds appropriately; communicates in a timely manner; is open and honest; keeps and uses confidential information with discretion; adjusts to a level understandable for the audience.
• Decision Making and Problem Solving: Searches for creative, innovative new ideas; displays sound judgment; makes effective and appropriate decisions; acts promptly; is decisive; provides holistic solutions; identifies problems in advance; gathers and analyzes information; determines root cause; considers multiple factors.
• Dependability / Self-Management: Self-adheres to policy, schedules and procedures; carries out work assignments without close supervision; reliable and follows through on commitments; accepts feedback and pursues self-development; deals confidently with challenging circumstances.
• Interpersonal Skills: Gets along well with others; cooperative, flexible and responsive; actively contributes to team goals; values diversity; demonstrates respect; appreciates opinions; builds unity; communicates constructively.
• Motivation and Commitment: Proactive positive approach; dedicated to responsibilities; gives extra effort; adapts to change in a positive, constructive manner; needs little supervision; seeks additional assignments.
• Safety & Environmental Awareness & Compliance: Practices safe behavior; follows safety policies and guidelines; embraces activities that will promote member safety; adheres to personal and team safety regulations; actively participates and supports company safety initiatives; expects and communicates adherence to safety standards from members at all levels. Understands and follows established personal safety, security and environmental practices; complies with local, federal and company health, safety, security and environmental regulations; and identifies unsafe or unsecure conditions and takes corrective actions.
Required and Preferred Qualifications
1.Required Education and/or Experience
2. Licensed as a Certified Public Accountant or Master's Degree in Accounting
3. Bachelor's degree in Accounting, Financial or Business Administration
4. Requires five years of experience.
Required Language Skills
1.Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or government regulations.
2.Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
3.Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
Required Mathematical Skills
• Ability to work with mathematical concepts such as probability and statistical inference and fundamentals of plane and solid geometry and trigonometry.
• Ability to apply concepts such as fractions, percentages, ratios, and proportions to practical situations.
Required Reasoning Ability
1.Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists.
2.Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Other Required Skills
• Excellent computer (Excel and Word) skills; exceptional problem-solving abilities and good organizational skills.
VI. Physical Demands (The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions and will be determined on a case by case basis):
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to talk or hear; and sit.
• The employee may occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds.
VII. Work Environment
• While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly exposed to work in typical office conditions.
•The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
VIII. Safety Requirements/PPE
• Safety shoes must be worn while on NGK property.
• PPE is generally not required while performing the duties of this job.
1. This job description is not to be considered a written contract. Employment with NGK is at will. This means that the employee, as well as the company, is free to terminate the employment relationship at any time and for any reason not prohibited by law. Also, this job description is not designed to be a complete listing of the tasks, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee.