PressmanPrairie Mountain Media
We are hiring for a Pressman to work the night shift in our Berthoud Printing Center. Position will operate stackers, stack printed materials, and move printing materials between locations within the plant. The position will prepare materials for pressroom and assist other Pressman as assigned.
- Reads work order or follows oral instructions to ascertain materials or stackers to be moved and set-up. Loads and unloads materials onto or form pallets by hand.
- Operates hand pallet jack, electronic truck, and/or forklift to move articles before or after printing.
- Monitors stackers for proper operation; stops machine and attempts to correct malfunctions; notifies supervisor of malfunction if necessary.
- Lifts heavy objects by hand or with power hoist.
- Verify Pressroom has stock, plates, and ink for upcoming jobs.
- Stage supplies for upcoming jobs on schedule counts and record number of units of materials moved or handled by specific orders.
- Conveys materials between department's storage areas, loading areas, and printing presses.
- Assist press crew with make-ready's and wash-ups as directed by the Lead Pressman.
- Cleans machines and work area daily.
- Makes simple adjustments or repairs to equipment.
- Assist with press maintenance as directed.
- Completes job forms and other department documents as necessary.
- Shares responsibility with team / department members for quality of outputs.
- Maintains neat and orderly department, implementing good housekeeping practices.
- Work towards becoming a Pressman Level 2+ while learning the machine operation
Work Schedule: 40 hours per week. Wednesday-Sunday 6 PM - 6 AM, Wednesday rotating shift. Arrive early to change into uniform and be ready to start shift on time. Schedule may flex occasionally depending upon the needs of the department.
Qualifications: Ability to stand, bend, climb, reach and kneel repeatedly during a 12 hour shift Ability to lift 50 pounds repeatedly Ability to work overtime as requested Ability to work a 12 hour shift Ability to become forklift certified if hired Ability to become pallet jack certified if hired Ability to become electronic truck certified if hired.
Ability to pass a pre-employment drug screen
Starting Compensation: $13.50 hour
We are an equal opportunity employer.